Leads Club Chapter Members from throughout the region will gather to celebrate the benefits of membership and all are welcome — come find out how you, too, can connect, collaborate and prosper.
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
5:30 – 7:30 pm
1341 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove
Cost: $30 – Fajita Dinner & Cash Bar
Register Online at: https://LC_ILRR_2019.eventbrite.com
Ali Lassen, 1926-1999
September 18 is a special day, it’s our Leads Club Founder’s birthday. More importantly to me, it’s my Mother’s birthday. 73-years-old, seems too young to pass in these days of advanced medicine. She fought a valiant fight with Breast Cancer, availing herself to all modalities of Western and Eastern medicine. Unfortunately, right at the 5-year mark to the month of diagnosis, the big C came back and 5 months later she passed on my brother’s birthday May 17th.
This year marks 20 years since she passed, it’s hard to believe. As I remember her, I think of her most noteworthy traits, and they are many. She was a feminist way before it was a thing. She was a dedicated mother to my 4 siblings and me. She supported our father in his law practice and political endeavors, never missing a step. She was Green and holistic before it was cool and raised us to eat clean and healthy. Thank you, Mom! Before I was born, she graduated from college with a Masters degree and enlisted in the Navy as a Wave, teaching pilot’s how to jump out of airplanes during WW II.
For the past few weeks I’ve been seeing the date on the calendar and anticipating a rush of emotion. Today is that day. As I’ve learned, grief is a journey, and how amazing is that as one of Ali’s favorite sayings is: “Success is a Journey, not a Destination”. I did not have an emotional rush this year, but what I am thinking about is how amazing she was.
If you asked me to select one thing that I remember, it is one of the ways she presented herself in business. Ali Lassen always saw the potential in you. She assumed and expected that you can do anything you set your mind to accomplish as long as you are professional, prepared and earnest.
Ali has taught me many things over the years but this one I believe has been one of her best traits that I have aspired to emulate.
In honor of Ali, please be open to the potential of people you meet. Assume the best. Offer to Mentor.
I won’t get preachy here, so I will close with my heartfelt wish that you emulate Ali Lassen and find someone with potential and mentor them to success. It is such a win- win proposition, I promise you, you will gain so much more than you give.
If you have a moment, please share your story of mentoring a fellow business person.
Interested in growing your business? Come network with the members of Leads Club!
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
4920 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, Georgia 30342
Founded in 1978, Leads Club provides business leaders with a simple and effective way to grow your business. Lisa Bentson, CVO of Leads Club, will be our special guest and will share how Leads Club can help you increase your business’ bottom line. Become a member of Leads Club at the mixer and receive one month free!
Tickets are $15 per person
Heavy hors d’oeuvres provided; cash bar
Your payment is your reservation
Purchase your tickets today!
Come enjoy wine, food and great company! Leads Club will be hosting Central Coast’s Annual Regional Event Thursday, September 26th, at Topa Mountain Winery in Ojai California. This year we will be organizing Cornhole and Jenga Tournaments so come ready to win some prizes! We will also be giving away some fun door prizes. If you would like the opportunity to advertise your business, just bring your gift along on the 26th.
Thursday, September 26th
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Topa Mountain Winery
821 W Ojai Ave, Ojai, CA 93023
Tickets include a glass of wine or non-alcoholic beverage and appetizers. Buy your tickets by September 20th for $25 per person; after September 20th tickets increase to $35 per person. This will be a fun evening to connect with Chapter members from all over the Central Coast Region, and we hope to see you there!
This past weekend we attended the San Diego Symphony’s “Star Spangled Pops” on the lawn by the bay. We heard American ballads, watched fireworks and enjoyed the camaraderie of those around us. When the Symphony played those patriotic songs we all know and love, it brought tears to my eyes. We are so fortunate to live in a country with so many freedoms and rights, we should all be living every day in gratitude and appreciation.
Working with Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses, I am constantly reminded of the importance of freedom. These hardworking people are willing to dedicate long hours and days so they can have the freedom of Entrepreneurship. If you have never owned a small business or been involved in an entrepreneurial endeavor, you may not understand. IMHO, it’s all about Freedom.
When I think about what Freedom means to me, it takes many forms.
- As an American, I hold tremendous pride in living in our country. While the political climate certainly is all about divisiveness, thank goodness entrepreneurship is all about inclusion.
- Freedom in America also means having basic rights and resources that allow us to be entrepreneurs.
- It’s being able to make ethical choices in our businesses without the overreaching mandate of a boss, company, government or military.
- It’s about being able to give back in ways that you may not be able to in Corp. America. Serving on that Board that holds special meaning to you. Leaving at 3p and coming back to your office at 6p to then catch up from the rest of the day. Time is such a precious commodity, having this freedom is priceless.
- The right to grow your business as high and as far as you desire. When Leads Club was expanding internationally, it was exciting to see this process first hand.
I normally like to give a tip or challenge, but today I’d like to solely focus on you.
Congratulations for having the courage, commitment and tenacity to own and run your business!!
Remembering you as small businesses are the most ethical and focused on moral obligation. While there are many ups and downs in having your own business, overall, we have the best jobs in the world. In addition, for most Leads Club Members I know, they are also providing good in the world. And we sure cannot get enough of that.
Feel free to share what freedom is to you and how it presents in your business.
Let Freedom Ring!
Enjoy wine, food and showcase your business.
Meet other professionals that are dedicated to promoting and growing each others’ businesses.
The Coastal Go-Getters Chapter of Leads Club is a weekly networking group. We meet at The Cave every Tuesday to help each other build our businesses.
Cost is $15 cash per person to cover wine, appetizers and business building. Space is limited in the beautiful Barrel Room. Reserve your spot and RSVP.
Please bring business cards!
Blue Thong Society 2020 National Conference
Bahia Resort Hotel on Mission Bay, San Diego
March 20th– 22nd / 2-Nights & 3-Full Days
Early Bird Specials!!
- Conference Fees: BTS & Leads Club Members: $295 / Non Members: $345 till November 1, 2019
- After November 1, 2019 / BTS & Leads Club Members: $345 / Non Members: $395
- Guaranteed Discounted Hotel Rate available till February 15, 2020
What does the Event Include?
- Friday Welcome Reception with Heavy Appetizers & 1-hour Open Bar
- Full Plated Breakfast for Saturday & Sunday
- Saturday Night Gala Dinner & 1-hour Open Bar
- Key Note Speakers
- Paddle Boat Ride with Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday Night
- Conference Bags filled with Goodies
- Having Fun with your BTS Sistas!
- Discounted Group Rates at the Bahia Resort Hotel
- FREE In-Room Internet
- Beautiful Garden Rooms
- Complimentary Parking
- Lively Entertainment
- $20 Discount on SPA Services at the beautiful Sister Catamaran Hotel
- Pool, Jacuzzi, & Private Cabanas on Mission Bay
- Two in-room bottles of water per day.
- Access to Indoor / Outdoor Bay Front Fitness Center
- Discounted Group Room Rates per Night in the beautiful Garden Rooms:
- Single Rate: $199 Plus Tax & Resort Fee
- Double Rate: $199 Plus Tax & Resort Fee
- Triple Rate: $219 Plus Tax & Resort Fee
- Quad Rate: $239 Plus Tax & Resort Fee
- Make your Hotel Reservation, Go to: https://www.bahiahotel.com/groupcode?code=BTS20
- OR Call at: 1-800-576-4229
- DISCOUNTED Rates are only good until Saturday, February 15, 2020. We have only 20 Rooms in our Guaranteed BLOCK, PLUS we have 3 Nights PRIOR & AFTER the Event at the Group Rate based only on AVAILABILITY.
Come join Leads Club’s Glendora Chapter for a morning of professional networking. If you are interested in growing your business, Leads Club is right for you!
Wednesday, June 12th
7:15 am -8:30 am
The Glendora Chapter is currently looking for potential Members involved in:
- Beauty- Hair care
- Computer repair/maintenance
- Marketing – Social Media
Please RSVP by June 3rd with Glendora’s Chapter Director Rose Wentz either by email: Rose.Wentz.email@example.com or call: 626-963-6413.
All are welcome – Members, Prospective Members, Alumni Members, Friends, Spouses, etc!
|Date: May 16th, 2019
Time: 5:30pm – 7:00 pm
Share the Excitement –
- Celebrating Leads of the Year Awards
- Revenue Earning Celebrations
- Leads Club Insights
- and much more!
For $30.00 enjoy a Fajita Dinner and Cash Bar. Register now!